April 26, 2011

Finishing Up Some Projects

I'm finishing up some projects this week, like the last few Crazy Quilt blocks.
Block # 19
Block #20

This is how they all look on the design wall with some pretty green batiks I found for the inner sashing and the borders. I plan to take the blocks to our upcoming quilt retreat and get it finished. This has been a really-fun machine embroidery project! I've already started downloading some of the series 3 crazy quilt blocks for another wallhanging.



The Art Nouveau wallhanging is off the frame now.
And finished---

This is a picture of the Corvette quilt as it looked on the frame yesterday---I finished it late this afternoon. I'll post pictures after I get the binding on. It was a challenge to find a quilting design that was not feathery to stitch around the Corvette and up and around the log cabin blocks. I finally decided something "fast and racy" looking! Swirls with some pointy flames!
More later----(click on pic. to enlarge)



4 comments:

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

wowsers! Your crazy quilt blocks look awesome! I'm starting to do some embellished blocks (not nearly as involved as crazy quilting, though) and have encountered a potential problem ... the embellished stitching is (usually) right *on* the seamline. How does one actually QUILT this? You sure can't do a SITD cuz you'd stitch right over the fancy stitches. If you stitch next it, the seam line "puffs" up a little bit. So... what do you do???

MariƩ du Toit said...

It look like Molly Mine blocks? I also have that patterns- now I am motivated to sew them out! I love your quilt and the quilting on it!

Borderline Quilter said...

I love your crazy quilting Angie...very pretty!

Rebecca said...

OH My Goodness!! that crazy quilt is gorgeous and so is the other quilt. I want buy an embroidery machine, I was just checking yours out.