April 07, 2013

Decorative Stitches-Brother DreamWeaver

I've been wanting to stitch out some of the built in decorative stitches in the DreamWeaver
VQ3000.

 So, yesterday I took some black cotton, some of my more
colorful threads, some stabilizer ironed on the back of the black cotton---and sat
and played with threads and stitches for most of the afternoon on the Brother DreamWeaver. What fun!!!

Wow, I was so impressed with how many beautiful stitches there are in this
machine, and how nicely they stitched out. I stitched many, but certainly not
all of them----

I made a composition book cover with the resulting fabric.






6 comments:

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

what a fantastic sampler piece! I can certainly see how much fun that must have been. Good use of the fabric too! :-)

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Luv2sew said...

Years ago I did something similar.. I sewed out every stitch and numbered it. I posted them on my blog so you can see them.
http://luv2sew-dinahsquiltsandembroidery.blogspot.com/2013/04/sewing-machine-stitch-reference-guide.html

Ruth said...

I'm a hand-embroiderer, but this makes me want a machine. Really really pretty!

Unknown said...

Fun stuff!

queenopearls said...

Simply gorgeous! What fun you had with such a great machine!!!! And even more fun to come! Enjoy and thanks for sharing the great photos and project!
~Christina in Cleveland