December 08, 2014

Tumbling

Soon after I made this tumbler quilt I purchased another GO cutter….I know, I know, I'm not a fan of the GO cutter, but for certain shapes, like the tumbler, it works very well.  I love how it cuts reference notches, and makes it so easy to sew the tumblers together accurately, and it certainly saves a lot of time.

So, I've made my excuses as to why I have another die cutter.

I can't make any excuses really for not quilting much lately except to say November seemed like a very busy month around here.  Lots of food shopping, cooking, family dinners and laundry---lots of laundry.   I now know how many dish towels I own because I must have used every one of them!

I'm not complaining, I love company, as it can get lonely around here in the woods.

We actually don't live that far off of the main road, but if you are used to paved, straight, two lane roads, then a trip to our house could be a challenge.   Of course, I will take our country road to freeway driving any day!

Freeway? ---or

Country road?


The tumbler quilt all finished except for the binding.  I tried Angela Walters swirls and pebbles…I love her quilting. My quilting---not so much love here! I have a stack of quilt tops under my long arm waiting to be quilted, so it felt really good to get this quilted yesterday afternoon.  The small dotted yellow fabric is going to be the binding. I hope to load another quilt today, and do a bit of quilting every day. My hurdle seems to be backings.  I really dislike seaming backings---and of course I won't buy wide backing fabric as I already have so much fabric I could piece for a quilt backing! ---and sew it goes around here. :o)

5 comments:

Lisa Boyer said...

LOVE your tumbler quilt. What a cutie!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Oh my goodness, love the tumblers and I think your quilting is awesome. You've been doing more in the sewing room than me so good for you.

Kristie said...

Love your tumblers! I would also rather live on a dirt road. :) I live at what is called, "Top of the World" so you can imagine. :) We don't have neighbors for miles!

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

onlymehere said...

This is beautiful! I haven't been around too much in Blogland due to the craziness of life but it's so good to see old friends making fun things. Love it. Oh, and I'd take a country road over the freeway anyday!

Purple Pam said...

Great tumbler quilt. I dislike making backs also. I have even paid someone to make some for me!