The passing of my friend, Shirley, has made me more thoughtful about all the unfinished quilts that seem to be piling up. Some tops that need completion, others on hangers in the closet waiting to be quilted. Do I have enough hours or days to get them all done?----probably not, but I'm not giving up on the idea of finishing the unfinished ---yet.
I get thoughtful, deep thoughtful about all this at times and have decided it's not the time so much. (it really is amazing what you can do in 30 mins.)---it's the beckoning of new projects that gets me so sidetracked! If only I would not start anything "new". But, how will I ever accomplish that. No self control in that department it seems.
My other option is to literally pack up each and every unfinished project and give it away. Not deal with it any longer-----and that would be a serious undertaking both emotionally, and physically.
So, onward I go trying to meet the challenge.
So far this month I have finished a baby quilt. Pieced the borders on a quilt, and learned to miter the corners on it. (I am not good at mitering quilt borders) but I did OK. I learned a new binding technique! Love it, and will do it again. Put a long forgotten Unfinished Project on the design wall and will start piecing it soon. (today) Downloaded all the files I needed to make my new Scan n Cut2 650 work wirelessly. Downloaded Canvas software to work with Scan n Cut. I mention this because it took me over an hour to get all this computer stuff figured out and working like it should.
This is a machine embroidery project (unfinished project) from Urban Threads that I started several years ago. It had been so long since I had opened the container it was stored in, I had forgotten all the placement of the blocks. That is a real problem when working with unfinished projects. Just recalling where you left off, and where to restart can present it's own challenge. Moments of sheer confusion!
I did finish the Calendar Kids border and I've decided a simple free motion meander will complete the quilt and not detract from the design.
The Elephant quilt is finished!
I tried a new quilt binding method from Missouri Star Quilts. Jenny Doan's flanged quilt binding. The video is on You Tube. Liking this! No hand stitching!
This beauty awaits me on the long arm. One of my dear departed Shirley's lovely quilt tops. I need to add extensions to the top and bottom so I can load it onto the leaders. They are way to short now. At some point it was intended to be machine quilted sitting at the sewing machine. I'll need to remove all the safety pins too. Don't you wish for an "assistant" some days! for jobs like safety pin removal!
So, this is some of the stuff going on. Hopefully you will understand why I don't blog as often these days.