January 27, 2012

6th Graders Quilt of Valor

I received this Quilt of Valor top last week. The quilt top is a project of the sixth grade class at Geyserville school in Northern California. Their instructor, Dora, did the sewing but they did the mixing of the colors and each planned their own block. It turned out very nice. Dora will do the binding after I ship it back to her so that the class can see that step of making a quilt.

The quilt will be done in time for the Cloverdale Citrus Fair and will be displayed along with pictures and hopefully some letters by the students. I'm so proud of these kids and their project!

Dora requested I send a picture of the longarm so the students can actually see what a "Long Arm" machine is and what it does. So here I am with "Polly".



The quilt is approx. 65 inches square. I quilted it with Superior Omni Thread in Bright Periwinkle. There are a lot of Star fabrics used in the string blocks so I used the Circle Lord "Milky Way" template boards.


3 comments:

Ms. Jan said...

What a cute picture of you with your longarm, Angie. Keep up the good work!

Nikki said...

Lovely quilt and story. Just found your blog from the yahoo Heartstring group. Love your little dog!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE it!!!