October 30, 2013

Lights, Camera, Action ---Finished

It's a "cut" as they say in the film industry….in the quilting world, "it's finished" sounds sooo-- good.

"Lights, Camera, Action" 

I made this quilt top several years ago, and just now have gotten around to quilting it.  Free motion quilted with pebbling, meander and some ruler work in the triangles.  It has been a fun project. The quilt is 52" x 60" and is a wall hanging for my grandson, Christopher, who does videography.

This is a fabric produced by Andover and designed by Gail Kessler. I think is such a fun fabric!  It comes in co-ordinated prints. Like the popcorn, the masks of comedy and tragedy, the film reels, etc. The center is a panel.  Since I purchased the fabric several years ago, I don't know how readily available is may be now…..




Finished!

2 comments:

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

The fabric in this is just wonderful, I especially like the border film reels they look so realistic and the quilting brings it to life. Love it! I never would have been able to come up with a design for this.

Unknown said...

Love this quilt. I am about to start a very similar one myself for my theatre room. I have enough to do one but I'd like to do two. Any idea where I can get any of the fabric anymore? I'm a little short. Realize it's been out of print for quite some time but someone somewhere has to have some right? Otherwise I'll substitute with the new collection from Windham fabrics.