I finished coloring the Prayer Garden embroidery blocks while at quilt retreat a few weeks ago. When I got home I sort of slacked off doing any sewing or quilting with the exception of the mug rug. Maybe that little project spurred me on---I finally decided to sew on the sashing and border. What made me happy is the 108" inch backing I bought on sale ---I sure like those wide backings as compared to piecing a backing! I sort of bog down when it gets to making backings.
I'm doing a wavy serpentine stitch along the seams. I tried stitch in the ditch, and decided because of the bulk of the seams it would difficult for me to keep in the seam line, and it would take a long-long time to go around each embroidery with stitch in the ditch. I'm edge stitching around some of the larger embroidery designs to tack them down to the back ground. More later----