February 11, 2016

Coloring-Paper and Embroidery

Here are a few of my coloring book pages.  I love the new "adult coloring book" craze that is going on now. The coloring books are getting to be more fun and more intricate than ever. So far I have resisted buying all the wonderful coloring books I see and hear about, but I don't know how long that will last!

 These are two pages I've colored from Nikolett Corley's book, "The Magic Path".  These pages are colored with a combination of Prismacolor premier pencils and Bright Night gel pens.  However, buying colored pencils and pens is another whole realm you can get caught up in too. (just like fabric & thread!)

  My favorite coloring instructor is on You Tube.  Peta Hewitt.  



As if paper was not enough, I found this embroidery designers, SweetPea, and she just released an embroidery that I could color---and she plans to offer more designs like this in the future---This is the Painted Thread wallhanging I just finished.


The embroidery is done in the hoop first. All black thread. Once the blocks are finished you seam them together, add a backing and binding and color between the lines of thread.  I used a combination of Copic pens and fabric markers.




"Painted Thread" is now hanging on the sewing room wall. 
Two loves of mine, embroidery and coloring! fun---combined.


2 comments:

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Oh my goodness I love that coloring book embroidery project! I would have loved to see it in progress. I went window shopping for a new embroidery machine yesterday and now I have hoop envy - bad! The new Janome 500E is within my reach price wise with a trade in of my 300E and I has four hoops! The largest is 9x11. I think I may be in love.

Purple Pam said...

I love your colored pages but your embroidered/colored wall hanging is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing it. How are you doing on your Witches Mystery panel? I finally have started stitching on panel #1, and have panel #2 pattern (not started yet). I tell you, embroidering those witches' hands are not easy for me. Such small spaces to cover, but I am having fun with it, so far that is! LOL!