I love to do redwork, or any type of embroidery. To be able to incorporate it into a quilt is an added bonus. I'm sure over the years of reading my blog, you have occasionally seen pictures of this ongoing project---always listed as "unfinished". Here are some sections of the quilt. I sat at my sewing machine for most of the quilting as I did a lot of outlining of the various redwork and bluework. I also loaded the partially completed quilt onto the long arm to do some of the background fills in areas like around the cannon, or lines in the drapes surrounding Uncle Sam.
Cannon with flowers
I tried to not do too much quilting as I felt that could detract from the embroidery design.
I have been saving this tiny, tiny black buttons just for Uncle Sam's coat!
It doesn't show up in this picture, but I added a bit of blush with a paint stick to Uncle Sam's cheeks. He was looking a bit too serious!
A Patriot's Dream---Finished.
52" x 45"
Wet blocked and drying on the design wall.
Yes, I see that line of stitching is missing. :o)
(This is an Indygo Junction pattern designed by Marge Wooters.)
Sassy helped celebrate my Birthday~Angie