May 24, 2013

Childs Quilt-Extraordinary Colors

I just finished quilting this top I pieced while at quilt retreat.  It's a kit "Extraordinary Colors" from Hancocks of Paducah.  It's a fun kit that comes with an adorable book about mixing colors that I plan to include with the quilt. "Hadley Hippo paints her toes a mix of orange and red. Together these make the color Vermilion.  Hadley thinks it's one in a zillion!" 

I have a special child I plan to gift this too----

I had plenty of fabric in the kit (In the Beginning Fabrics). The designer is Jennifer Heynen. The kit is still available. 

I quilted it with the Circle Lord "Square Dance" template board. One of my favorite designs. 

Extraordinary Colors

I picked a cozy flannel backing.

Cut out square motifs and add triangles and borders to create the quilt top.


Close up of wide border print, and quilting.





1 comment:

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

I love a flannel back on a child's quilt and this whole quilt is so cute lucky kid!