March 22, 2013

Scattered Progress

I feel so scattered lately as far as projects go.  I get up every morning thinking of all I'm going to accomplish with my sewing or quilting, and as the day wears on it becomes more about pulling weeds, cooking or cleaning!

My long arm is collecting dust---again. I have quilt tops I could be quilting, but.....

Yesterday I did manage to get a few rows of blocks put on this redwork donation quilt before I headed to town to run some errands that could not be put off.
The sewing room chaos......

I have the Featherweight set up on the kitchen table, and that may be my saving grace as far as getting anything finished.  I have two small tumbler tops finished. One needs a border. Cooking and sewing seems the only way I make progress lately.

My design wall is just as I left it weeks ago except my experimenting with a few strings and squares to attempt to make a  Spaghetti and Meatball quilt top, and Easy Street lingers.....


I think I need to focus-focus. Maybe if I disappear into the sewing room, no one will find me since they wouldn't think to look there as it's been so long since I've actually been in  there for any length of time!

2 comments:

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

I see we're in the same boat. The weather has been so nice here that I just can't stay indoors. The garden is calling along with all the outside chores that have waited all winter and then there's River's education to be seen to. My quilting has suffered that's for sure.

Purple Pam said...

If you find that focus thing, please share your discovery. I am in the same situation. My focus has taken flight without me! I, like you, get up with all these plans in my head. Then it is evening time and I wonder where did the day go? Great pix of your sewing spaces. Thanks for sharing.