May 23, 2010

Doodling has Title

I didn't start out to be a quilter. Although I've always loved anything to do with fabric and sewing machines---my background is really art.

I haven't painted or did a watercolor for ages though. However, I still love to "doodle". So, when I read this blog about "Zentangles" ---I thought wow! I'm a Zentangler, and I didn't even know it. There is a name for what I do? Here are my most recent "zentangles" (I feel so official!)



I use a Crisco jar lid and draw around it to make the circles. The shape is not important though. Just whatever paper you have works. I like the circles though. Then I make some lines within the circles. They can be curvy or straight, and start doodling. I use a Zig millennium black ink pen to draw. It's fun, and relaxing and could be incorporated into quilting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
I love your Zentangles! It reminds me of something from the 60's or 70's, a game maybe. It seems like it was doodle, maybe?
Boy, I guess I am really getting old!
I also admire all your quilt work. It is art, too.

I am glad your biscuits turned out well.
Have a great day.
Pam

Lyn said...

Amgie,
I have about 12 spiral ring tables that hold my "Zentangles" (didnt know there was a word for it), or future quilting designs if you want to be official. I spend alot of time doing the "doodling" thing. I just wish the fingers worked as fast as the old brain...
Have a great day!!