May 18, 2010

Quilting - Pies & Tarts

I finished quilting on this Martha Quilt the Remnants mini group made this past weekend. I started out with a pantograph, but about one row into the quilting I decided I would try free hand quilting the design instead of standing at the front of the long arm instead of staring at the laser pointer .



My own version of Spiral Path---



*********************************************************

Maybe it's the name of the quilt. Maybe it's just the challenge to learn a new technique. Or it could be because the project consists of one of my favorite type of fabrics and food groups---but, I've been thinking about this quilt for weeks. I keep going over to the shop website and looking at it. I've Googled every image I can find for this quilt, and today after chatting with my quilting-buds about english paper piecing. ---which I know very little about ---I signed up at Quilters Paradise for their "Pies & Tarts" block of the month. Yummy!



Any quilting-bloggers doing Pies and Tarts? I'd love to hear from you....




2 comments:

Diane said...

love your version of the swirls and the quilt is lovely.
Oh my just saying "pies & tarts" madkes me want to bake one, then eat it! Have fun with it!

Purple Pam said...

I like your swirls pattern, too. Pies and Tarts sounds so delicious. I like the quilt as well. I like that scrappy bargello design.