May 21, 2010

Navajo Fleece Quilt

This is the latest fleece quilt off the frame. Navajo fleece. I love the vivid colors and theme on this one.



I couldn't quite decide on a quilting design. I looked for a pantograph that perhaps mimicked the jagged back and forth motion of the navajo motif only in a larger scale, but never could find one. I decided on a soft dwirling free motion.



This is 56" x 76". I used So-Fine dark green thread. The fringe is 4" long. It took about 2 hours to quilt on the long arm after getting it pinned onto the leaders. Fleece quilts up fast and makes a cozy-quick sofa quilt. I'm looking forward to all the new fleece that will start appearing at Joann's soon. This particular navajo fleece was one of the bolt ends Joanns had on sale this past March.


Brown backing fleece and more details of the dwirling effect.


1 comment:

Lyn said...

It looks so comfy!!! Think the Dwirling was the perfect design for it. I have now done 2 quilts with Dwirling and I am loving it.. Great job--thanks for sharing..